Monday, June 2, 2008

Higher Learning?

OK,
I'm blogging just for the sake of blogging, and knowing it's good for my health, I thought I'd blog a little nonsense, and see if I get any replies for this. :) (BTW guys I still have to catch up with reading your blogs, sorry... =/ btw when John ran the zone alarm virus scanner the other night, after 24 + hours it was still running so I finally made him quit... hahaha... I told him to uninstall a couple things I'm not using but... yeah... well... pleh
Anyway... I was just thinking about something. Once in awhile John and I talk about rainbows when they're in the sky. I was always taught that the sequence was: Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple. John has always told me, "No, it's ROYGBV... Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet". However in a few cases, I've seen it posted as: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet... err, now that I'm completely confused, I think John's sequence was ROYGBIV ie Indigo... is this indicative of people who learned differently think differently and are taught differently altl throughout their educational years? (starting with the Montessori preschool vs... I don't remember). I remember when I was taking an ECE class at DeAnza many moons ago it sounded like Montessouri method of teaching was more structured and snobbish...
Thoughts? Just rambling..
Check this out, didn't read the whole thing though...
Rainbow
Ciao for now. :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah, but why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side?

Teala said...

hahahahahahaha....
It's not easy being green... (peeing green either)...