Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I swear Momzilla is trying to kill me...

Well I just got back from going to Walgreens with my mom because I needed shower gel. (Had I known they had green tea & cucumber I would have just sent her off for it). She really REALLY wanted us to go home the long way.. the only problem is, the side we walked on (and I reminded her of this) was not paved very well, thus, making us walk in the street (bibbadabibbadabibbada, um, uneven pavement with a walker is NOT fun) plus she was always walking severl feet in front of me and not helping me very much..... I am so FRUSTRATED with her, I wish she would have just gone ahead and kept her plans to go to Alaska, would be much safer for me anyhow. So this weekend she asked Scott to spend one night here because she & Jim are going to a wedding that they were originally declining. (The bride asked that each guest help pay for the honeymoon and had a very specific registry)... how dumb. And my mom is getting weird about how much I eat again, how often I eat, etc etc etc. But with her being "exhausted" and such, I know she's been feeling sorry for herSELF having to help me through this which doesn't help me at all... I'm going crazy, I'd much rather be wilting away at a rehab center to tell you the truth. :( Scott is coming over later with Nintendogs and Brain Age which should keep me quiet for awhile but I'm not sure about the suduko portion, I'm never good at that. I love doing the word jumbles in the newspaper. Sorry for venting but it's so frustrating to have limitations and have your own parent sitting around feeling sorry fo themselves. Yesterday I was reviewing the release notes from the hospital and I shouldn't be sitting for more than 30 min at a time... I told mom I'm not used to that, I usually sit for a lot longer.. to which she said, "Well I can't do that I have to keep moving I can't sit still"..... Yeahhhhh...... :( I just wish she would use her head sometimes... at least dvd's and games have kept me quiet for awhile. Oh, I sent an email to Thabto, hadn't heard from him for awhile, told him about my surgery, he sent me a 2 wk trial for Netflix, I might just go for it.. =)
Sorry for whining :(

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah, I keep telling you to try Netflix. Of course, most movies are more than 30 minutes, so I guess you will have to take breaks if you don't want to sit for too long. BTW, if you do join Netflix, we can add each other as friends, and then we can spy on each other's movie habits.