Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home from the Hospital

Hi all,
I'm home... went in Thursday for surgery, it's Saturday... I'm in a lot of pain, have to wear the neck brace for two months, no ibuprofen for SIX months, and I have to pretty much stay at home, am not allowed to go in the car anywhere for two months. I feel like someone kicked me in the neck... and patient care (scare) at Stanford was not the greatest so I'm grateful & happy to get home though will be uncomfortable for awhile. It's somewhat difficult to use the phone because my ears are engulfed in the brace, and my throat/voice is messed up anyway, swallowing is an unpleasant chore. So to those i owe phone calls to you will have to wait for awhile, I apologize. It's going to be a boring summer but I needed to get this done, possibly more surgery in the future...
btw, Sarah please pass this note on to everybody on Wednesdaay for me? I'd appreciate it...
Thank you everyone,
take care, being on computer isn't TOO bad but I should be keeping my neck still and i have to bend it down a little bit so maybe no computer for awhile....
take care,
Diane

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry you're in pain. That really sucks. Well, when you feel like talking... do you have a speaker phone? That might make it easier. I know my cell phone has a speaker.

Hopefully you can come up with some computer arrangement that doesn't make you bend your neck. Otherwise, I will keep in touch with you through text messaging!!!

Trung said...

sorry to hear you are in such pain. i hope you make a full and speedy recovery! can't wait to start chatting with you again! :)