Thursday, June 26, 2008



Well I FINALLY got a hold of someone at Stanford after playing phone tag! (It also helped that I had my phone fwd to my cell :P )... my reg nurse will be out of town, the Dr. too, TWICE, gone for 2 weeks then back then gone again fora couple of weeks. He was laughing at the nurse's sub, wondering why I was calling wha's wrong etc etc. Aaaaaaaaaaah!!! So I can't get in earlier... I COULD have been seen by a different neurosurgeon, but not following surgery from my original one, that just seems creepy to me not knowing exactly what they're dealing with. So, here are some not so great pics of me, I hope they turn out, if not I'll have to try again later after I re enable zoomtext so I'm not straining so much, and if this computer behaves long enough, yeah, right. (Kristen does Mike know any IT stuff?!)... anyway I have a graphic image without my brace if you want to see it just let me know, my neck is swollen and numb.... The numbness in my extremities went away temp but it's back and the sub nurse said it would prob take 6 mos to a year to completely go away. (I can't even take ibuprofen for 6 months)..... it's going to be a long haul. :( Sorry for all the glum notes, I'm just a little bummed and going crazy...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I know it's going to be a long time before you feel normal again :(

You blogged today, and I didn't! That's strange. Outreach was late picking me up from SVILC, and it left me feeling tired for the rest of the day.